Sunday, April 5, 2015

Tidal

Jay-Z just bought a music streaming site called Tidal and boy it looks nice. I just visited the website and I really considered paying that $9.99 a month because the first thing I saw was a new video of Beyonce that I immediately clicked on, but then I reevaluated my life. As son as I clicked on it a pop-up window came up that had two options, "sign-in" or "Try Tidal now." I decided I'd wait until it came out on YouTube.

I'd much rather wait until the music video comes out to the public for free than to pay to watch it at this very moment. It's just like waiting for a movie to make it to "YouTube On Fire" or for it to go on Netflix. As sad as it is to say, people do not value music as much as they did in the past. People leak new albums and refuse to pay for the music of their favorite artists who have worked so hard to make it.

As far as Tidal being successful, I think some people will use it, but most will not if they can keep getting their music for free. Poor artists, I can only imagine what it must feel like to work that hard on an album just for people to leak it and download for free. I think Tidal would help solve this issue for some artists if they use it the right way. Please please please just don't take away Pandora! I am way too spoiled and have way too many radios. 

No comments:

Post a Comment